Digvijay Singh challenges yoga guru Ramdev for an open debate
Chhindwara: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday challenged yoga guru Ramdev to have a debate with him on any issue in an open forum.
"On one hand, Ramdev campaigns for the BJP, while on the other hand, wherever he organises his yoga camps, he levels all sorts of allegations against me. I challenge him to have an open debate on any issue at any forum," Digvijay told reporters at the airstrip here.
Replying to a question, Digvijay said that in case Ramdev campaigns for the BJP in Madhya Pradesh, then he would spoil the party`s votebank in the poll-bound state.
Madhya Pradesh assembly`s Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh claimed that an anti-incumbency wave prevailed in the state and that the Congress would form the government in Madhya Pradesh after the November 25 state assembly polls.
Earlier during the day, Congress MLA Deepak Saxena and his supporters were stopped by the police from reaching the airstrip to meet the Congress leaders, after which they had a heated argument with police officials.
Saxena said that he would report the matter to the MP State Election Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic