Digvijay Singh compares RSS with Ravana
New Delhi: In comments that could stoke a fresh controversy, Congress leader Digvijay Singh has likened RSS to mythological demon king Ravana while slamming BJP and the Sangh over yesterday`s attack on AAP office in Ghaziabad.
"Strongly condemn attack on AAP office by BJP/Sangh activists. BJP as usual is disassociating itself. Part of their strategy.
"Sangh has more than 150 organisations and all have their roots in Sangh. One hand strikes and other hand applies Balm ! Multi Faced Party ! Doesn`t it remind us of the Ramayan Character who had 10 Faces and one Body?" Singh, a known detractor of RSS and BJP, has said in his tweets.
Singh`s remarks on Twitter last night came after activists of a fringe right-wing group attacked and vandalised the Aam Aadmi Party headquarters in Kaushambi, protesting against the controversial remarks of its senior leader Prashant Bhushan on the presence of security forces in Jammu and Kashmir.
Armed with sticks and bricks, about 40 activists of Hindu Raksha Dal had stormed the AAP office near the residence of Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and broke the door panes and flower pots in its frontyard.
The attack drew charges and counter-charges with Kejriwal claiming that it was meant to kill him and Bhushan.
Bhushan, a noted lawyer, who had stoked a controversy suggesting a referendum on the presence of security in the Kashmir valley, had claimed that BJP was "frustrated" with the mounting popularity of AAP and had incited one of its sister organisations in the attack.
BJP hit back by saying that while it condemned the violence, Bhushan should also mind his tongue when speaking on sensitive issues like Jammu and Kashmir, which is an inalienable part of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog