Digvijay Singh corners BJP over attack on AAP office
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh has alleged role of Sangh and BJP in the attack on Aam Aadmi Party office in Kaushambi while strongly condemning the vandalism.
"I strongly condemn the attack on AAP office," Singh wrote on micro-blogging website Twitter last night.
Activists of a fringe right-wing group had yesterday attacked and vandalised the AAP office at Kaushambi in Uttar Pradesh`s Ghaziabad district protesting the controversial remarks of its senior leader Prashant Bhushan on the presence of security forces in Jammu and Kashmir.
"BJP as usual has dissociated itself from the attack and it was part of their strategy," he alleged.
Claiming that over 150 organisations have their roots in the Sangh, Singh tweeted, "If one hand strikes, the other applies balm."
"Doesn`t it remind of the character in the Ramayana who had 10 faces and one body?" he asked.
Armed with sticks and bricks, about 40 activists of Hindu Raksha Dal had stormed the AAP office near the residence of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and broke the door panes and flower pots in its front-yard.
Bhushan, who is under fire for his remarks on Kashmir, blamed the BJP and RSS-affiliated organisations for the attack on the party office, saying they were "extremely frustrated with the rise of AAP".
The BJP hit back by saying that while it condemned the violence, Bhushan should also mind his tongue when speaking on sensitive issues like Jammu and Kashmir, which is an inalienable part of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi