Digvijay Singh denies making sexist remark on Congress MP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Although he is not alien to controversies, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh bettered his own record by calling Rahul Gandhi’s close aide and Congress MP from Mandsaur in Madhya Pradesh, Meenakshi Natarajan, a ‘100% tunch maal’ (100% sexy women).
Addressing a gathering in Mandsaur, Digvijay Singh said, “She is your Member of Parliament. She is a Gandhian, she is simple and honest...she goes to everybody, from village to village. I have 40-42 years of experience (in politics) and I am an old connoisseur...politicians come to understand things even with little hint as to who is genuine and who is a fraud. She is 100% tunch maal and fights for the poor.”
“...she doesn’t get into groups (within the party) in Mandsaur, she takes everybody along. She has made a mark in Delhi as well, inside the Lok Sabha and within the party. Soniaji and Rahulji hold her in high esteem; leaders like Digvijay (referring to himself) also fear her. She is your MP, so give her full support.”
Clarifying his statement, Digvijay said that he was misquoted and his comment was misinterpreted.
Importantly, Natarajan was present on the dais when Digvijay Singh ‘praised’ her. She has not yet reacted on the issue.
While Digvijay has long invited trouble by making controversial statements, he is not the only Congress leader who has made insulting remarks against women.
Party MP from Mumbai Sanjay Nirupam had triggered a huge storm after he made derogatory remarks against popular TV actress turned BJP MP Smriti Irani.
Another Congress leader from Madhya Pradesh had found the going tough after he claimed that ‘no man will harass a woman till she looks at him in a suggestive manner’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO