Digvijay Singh launches counter-offensive against BJP protests
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday launched a counter-offensive against BJP protests against Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s ``saffron terror`` remark.
"Terrorism is not based on religion or colour...If the BJP wants Shinde to apologise, then we ask that Rajnath Singh, LK Advani and Uma Bharti should also apologise for their interactions with terror suspects like Sadhvi Pragya Singh," Singh said.
Digvijay Singh had earlier on Monday said there is foolproof evidence in support of the allegation levelled by Shinde.
"The Home Minister has said the same things, whatever I was saying for the past eleven years. There are some people in the RSS who are providing training for terrorist activities, and are themselves involved in such activities. He said this because he has evidences. The fact has been proved, investigation is going on, and some people have been arrested in the matter," said Singh.
Shinde had made the controversial remark on the final day of the Congress party`s Chintan Shivir in Jaipur. He had accused the BJP and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) of holding terror training camps and promoting "Hindu terrorism" in the country.
The statement immediately invited condemnation from both the BJP and the RSS. They have demanded Shinde`s immediate sacking from the Union Cabinet, and apologies from Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh and Congress Party president Sonia Gandhi.
Later, defending himself, Shinde said that he didn``t say anything new and only spoke about saffron terrorism, which has already been talked about many a times in newspapers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report