Digvijay Singh launches counter-offensive against BJP protests
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday launched a counter-offensive against BJP protests against Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s ``saffron terror`` remark.
"Terrorism is not based on religion or colour...If the BJP wants Shinde to apologise, then we ask that Rajnath Singh, LK Advani and Uma Bharti should also apologise for their interactions with terror suspects like Sadhvi Pragya Singh," Singh said.
Digvijay Singh had earlier on Monday said there is foolproof evidence in support of the allegation levelled by Shinde.
"The Home Minister has said the same things, whatever I was saying for the past eleven years. There are some people in the RSS who are providing training for terrorist activities, and are themselves involved in such activities. He said this because he has evidences. The fact has been proved, investigation is going on, and some people have been arrested in the matter," said Singh.
Shinde had made the controversial remark on the final day of the Congress party`s Chintan Shivir in Jaipur. He had accused the BJP and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) of holding terror training camps and promoting "Hindu terrorism" in the country.
The statement immediately invited condemnation from both the BJP and the RSS. They have demanded Shinde`s immediate sacking from the Union Cabinet, and apologies from Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh and Congress Party president Sonia Gandhi.
Later, defending himself, Shinde said that he didn``t say anything new and only spoke about saffron terrorism, which has already been talked about many a times in newspapers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof