Digvijay Singh may take on Narendra Modi in Varanasi: Reports
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
New Delhi: Congress leader Digvijay Singh is expected to contest the upcoming General Elections against Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in Varanasi, reports said on Wednesday.
Reports today suggested that Digvijay, a known bete noire of the BJP strongman has conveyed his willingness to the party members to take on Modi in Varanasi.
However, there has been no official confirmation from the Congress regarding the issue.
The Congress has declared its resolve to put up a formidable candidate against the BJP`s PM nominee in the Lok Sabha polls and ruled out support to Aam Aadmi Party`s Arvind Kejriwal.
Congress leader Randeep Surjewala said that his party will put up a strong candidate against Modi in Varanasi.
If the grand old party decides to field the AICC general secretary against the Gujarat Chief Minister, it would be an interesting battle as Digvijay challenged Modi for an open debate a number of times.
Congress leader Randeep Surjewala said that his party will put up a formidable candidate against Modi in Varanasi.
Meanwhile, AAP leader Sanjay Singh has also announced that Kejriwal will contest against Modi from Varanasi. Singh said that the formal announcement will be made during March 25 rally scheduled to be held in Varanasi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing