Digvijay Singh persuades central ministers from Seemandhra not to quit
New Delhi/Hyderabad: Union ministers from Rayalaseema and Andhra regions of Andhra Pradesh dropped their plans to resign in protest against the proposed division of the state after Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh assured them that their concerns would be addressed.
Six out of 10 central ministers from Seemandhra (Rayalaseema and Andhra) called on Digvijaya Singh, who is also incharge of the party affairs in Andhra Pradesh.
D Purandeswari, one of the ministers who met him, said he assured her that a high- level committee would be constituted to look into the concerns of the people of Seemandhra.
"We had gone with our resignations but he refused to accept them," she said.
The ministers briefed the Congress leader of the apprehensions of the people with regard to Hyderabad, sharing of water, revenue, electricity and other issues.
They said the Congress Working Committee (CWC) should have consulted them and taken their views into consideration before taking a decision on carving separate Telangana state.
Another minister K Krupa Rani said Digvijaya Singh advised them not to lose the opportunity to put forward their point of view in parliament when the bill is tabled. "He said resignations are not a proper step as you are responsible persons in the central government," she said.
The central ministers will meet Congress president Sonia Gandhi Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!