Digvijay Singh should stop respecting Osama bin Laden: Goa BJP
Panaji: All India Congress Committee (AICC) general secretary Digvijay Singh should stop sympathising with terror activities and according respect to slain al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, Goa BJP vice president Wilfred Mesquita said on Friday.
Mesquita was responding to Singh`s comments on corruption in Goa on Thursday during his two-day visit to the state as an AICC observer.
"Digvijay Singh should concentrate on the misdeeds and corruption, which has engulfed the UPA (United Progressive Alliance) government," said Mesquita, one of the party`s spokespersons here.
Mesquita took a dig at Singh referring to Osama bin Laden with respect by calling him "Osama-ji", a respectful Hindi suffix.
"Singh should also stop sympathising with terrorist activities in India and with terrorists involved in the Batla House case (in Delhi) or those identified by the IB (Intelligence Bureau) or with Osama bin Laden, whom he respectfully addresses as Osama `ji`," Mesquita said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?