Digvijay Singh slams Narendra Modi`s `toilets first temples later` statement
Khargone: Slamming BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for his "toilets first and temples later" remark, Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh said here on Friday that this has exposed the difference in the BJP leader`s words and deeds.
Referring to Modi as "daadiwale baba" (bearded man) while addressing the Congress Satta Parivartan rally at Mandleshwar near here, the Congress General Secretary said, "Earlier he used to talk about constructing a temple, but now he is talking about making toilets. This has exposed the difference in the BJP leader`s words and deeds".
Criticising Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan for claiming that no development took place when he (Digvijay) was the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh from 1993 to 2003, the Congress challenged him an open debate on the issue at any forum of his choice.
Singh also announced that if the Congress comes back to power after the November 25 Madhya Pradesh assembly election, it will waive off farmers` loans upto Rs 51,000, provide free power connections to water pumps for agriculture and take back cases against farmers who were jailed after failing to pay electricity bills.
On the occasion, Madhya Pradesh Assembly Poll Campaign Committee Chairman and Union Minister of State for Power Jyotiraditya Scindia urged youth to launch an independence struggle like agitation to throw the "corrupt" BJP government out of power in Madhya Pradesh.
He said that Congress leaders are united on the issue of overthrowing the BJP government and their only aim is to form a Congress government in Madhya Pradesh.
Union Minister of Parliamentary Affairs Kamal Nath criticised Chouhan for making large number of announcements without caring to fulfill them and called his as "Ghoshnaveer" (one who makes lot of announcements).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31