Digvijay Singh takes dig at Narendra Modi
Indore: Taking a dig at BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on the eve of party meeting in Bhopal, Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh today said the Gujarat Chief Minister`s canvassing has always jinxed his party`s poll prospects.
"If Modi is coming to Madhya Pradesh for campaigning, he is welcome to do it. But it`s a historic fact that wherever Modi had gone for campaigning, BJP faced defeats and it`s condition became worst," Digvijay told reporters.
In 1998, Congress had comfortably defeated BJP when Modi was general secretary in-charge of Madhya Pradesh, and prevented the party from forming its government for second time, he said.
"Earlier also the party (Congress) had faced Modi in Uttarakhand, Karnataka and Assam without any difficulty," the former chief minister said.
On emerging political scenario following release of YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy from jail, Digvijay, who is also the general secretary in-chagre of Andhra Pradesh, said, "it was a matter between CBI and the court and Congress never interferes in CBI`s affairs".
To a query on former Army chief VK Singh`s claim that money was paid to certain ministers of Omar Abdullah government, Digvijay questioned, "What was Singh doing when he was the chief of the Army Staff?"
Alleging that traders associated with BJP in Sehore, Ashta and Shajapur were engaged in black marketing of onions, Digvijay said the agriculture growth rate figures published by Shivraj Singh Chouhan government were "factually incorrect".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof