Digvijay Singh to marry TV anchor Amrita Rai soon?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh will tie the knot with TV anchor Amrita Rai soon.
In a tweet dated June 21, Rubina Sharma Singh, the wife of the younger brother of Digvijay Singh`s brother Laxman Singh, had said: "Wedding bells soon to ring in the family! Exciting times." Hours later, the chhoti rani of Raghogarh fort, however, posted: "Uff.....there are other family members you know!"
Rubina`s tweet has sent rumour mills churning.
The Congress general secretary, 67, had in April acknowledged his relationship with the TV anchor on Twitter after intimate photographs of the two appeared on the social networking site.
The former chief minister of Madhya Pradesh had then posted two tweets, acknowledging the relationship with Rai.
"I have no hesitation in accepting my relationship with Amrita Rai. She and her husband have already filed a mutual consent divorce case."
"Once that is decided we would formalise it. But I do condemn encroachment in our private life," he posted.
Rai had separately tweeted: "I have separated from my husband and we have filed a mutual consent divorce papers. After which I have decided to marry with Digvijaya Singh."
Singh`s wife had passed away in February last year after battling cancer. His son is Jaivardhan Singh, a legislator from Madhya Pradesh`s Raghogarh, and he also has four daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state