Digvijay Singh wants to challenge Sushma Swaraj in 2014 polls from Vidisha
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: Seeking to come out of his ‘retirement’, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday expressed his desire to contest next year’s Lok Sabha polls.
Singh said he wishes to contest General Elections next year from wherever the party wishes. He however added that he personally would like to contest from Vidisha and challenge Sushma Swaraj.
It may be noted that senior BJP leader and Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj, is the sitting MP from Vidisha, in Madhya Pradesh.
Reports quoted Singh as saying that he had said he would not contest Assembly polls. “But, I would like to contest 2014 polls from wherever the party wishes,” he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed