Digvijay Singh wants to challenge Sushma Swaraj in 2014 polls from Vidisha
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: Seeking to come out of his ‘retirement’, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday expressed his desire to contest next year’s Lok Sabha polls.
Singh said he wishes to contest General Elections next year from wherever the party wishes. He however added that he personally would like to contest from Vidisha and challenge Sushma Swaraj.
It may be noted that senior BJP leader and Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj, is the sitting MP from Vidisha, in Madhya Pradesh.
Reports quoted Singh as saying that he had said he would not contest Assembly polls. “But, I would like to contest 2014 polls from wherever the party wishes,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Swachh Bharat, Skill India 'transformative' schemes: President Pranab Mukherjee
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Treat the disorder with this amazingly simple trick! - Watch video
- Boris Johnson claims India owes UK multi-million pounds
- Trump's NATO comments show 'lack of preparedness': Obama
- Govt should resist urge of control everything: Arun Jaitley