Digvijay Singh wants to challenge Sushma Swaraj in 2014 polls from Vidisha
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: Seeking to come out of his ‘retirement’, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday expressed his desire to contest next year’s Lok Sabha polls.
Singh said he wishes to contest General Elections next year from wherever the party wishes. He however added that he personally would like to contest from Vidisha and challenge Sushma Swaraj.
It may be noted that senior BJP leader and Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj, is the sitting MP from Vidisha, in Madhya Pradesh.
Reports quoted Singh as saying that he had said he would not contest Assembly polls. “But, I would like to contest 2014 polls from wherever the party wishes,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins