Digvijay Singh wants to challenge Sushma Swaraj in 2014 polls from Vidisha
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: Seeking to come out of his ‘retirement’, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday expressed his desire to contest next year’s Lok Sabha polls.
Singh said he wishes to contest General Elections next year from wherever the party wishes. He however added that he personally would like to contest from Vidisha and challenge Sushma Swaraj.
It may be noted that senior BJP leader and Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj, is the sitting MP from Vidisha, in Madhya Pradesh.
Reports quoted Singh as saying that he had said he would not contest Assembly polls. “But, I would like to contest 2014 polls from wherever the party wishes,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi