Digvijay Singh`s fresh salvo at BJP for backing Nitin Gadkari
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Wednesday fired a fresh salvo at the BJP for backing Nitin Gadkari, reminding that its president had defended former Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurppa over the corruption issue.
"Gadkari on Yedurappa corruption "Immoral but not illegal". BJP response to Gadkari`s fraud companies "Neither Illegal nor Immoral" Jai Ho BJP," Singh commented on Twitter.
The AICC general secretary, who has been frequently attacking the BJP, also said sarcastically, "My admiration for Advani has gone up for his principled stand on Gadkari. Advani sangharsh karo Jaswant, Yashwant, Ram Aapke saath hain (Advani you struggle. Jaswant, Yashwant and Ram Jethmalani are with you)".
Singh`s comment has come in the backdrop of the public demand made by eminent lawyer and BJP MP Jethmalani seeking Gadkari`s immediate resignation with apparent backing of some senior leaders including Jaswant Singh and Yashwant Sinha.
Divisions persist within BJP over the continuance of Gadkari as its president even as its Core Group yesterday yet again stood behind him insisting that there was "no legal or moral wrongdoing" by him in the running of his company.
The meeting of party`s Core Group and General Secretaries had discussed the issue but senior leader LK Advani kept away apparently unhappy over Gadkari`s continuance in the post.
Gadkari also stayed away from the meeting to which RSS ideologue and chartered accountant S Gurumurthy was specially invited to make a detailed presentation on the investments made in Gadkari`s company Purti Sugar and Power Ltd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'