Digvijay Singh`s fresh salvo at BJP for backing Nitin Gadkari
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Wednesday fired a fresh salvo at the BJP for backing Nitin Gadkari, reminding that its president had defended former Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurppa over the corruption issue.
"Gadkari on Yedurappa corruption "Immoral but not illegal". BJP response to Gadkari`s fraud companies "Neither Illegal nor Immoral" Jai Ho BJP," Singh commented on Twitter.
The AICC general secretary, who has been frequently attacking the BJP, also said sarcastically, "My admiration for Advani has gone up for his principled stand on Gadkari. Advani sangharsh karo Jaswant, Yashwant, Ram Aapke saath hain (Advani you struggle. Jaswant, Yashwant and Ram Jethmalani are with you)".
Singh`s comment has come in the backdrop of the public demand made by eminent lawyer and BJP MP Jethmalani seeking Gadkari`s immediate resignation with apparent backing of some senior leaders including Jaswant Singh and Yashwant Sinha.
Divisions persist within BJP over the continuance of Gadkari as its president even as its Core Group yesterday yet again stood behind him insisting that there was "no legal or moral wrongdoing" by him in the running of his company.
The meeting of party`s Core Group and General Secretaries had discussed the issue but senior leader LK Advani kept away apparently unhappy over Gadkari`s continuance in the post.
Gadkari also stayed away from the meeting to which RSS ideologue and chartered accountant S Gurumurthy was specially invited to make a detailed presentation on the investments made in Gadkari`s company Purti Sugar and Power Ltd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks