Digvijay Singh`s wife passes away
New Delhi: Asha Singh, wife of senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh, breathed her last on Wednesday at a hospital in New Delhi after battling cancer for several years.
She was 58 and died around 7 pm at the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences in Vasant Kunj, where she was admitted a few days ago.
Doctors at the hospital said Asha suffered from advanced malignancy (advanced form of cancer) when she was brought to the institute.
"She breathed her last in the hospital around 7 pm. Her family including Digvijay Singh was present when she passed away," a senior doctor said.
Asha was also treated at a US hospital for cancer a few months ago. She is survived by four daughters and one son.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living