Digvijay Singh`s wife passes away
New Delhi: Asha Singh, wife of senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh, breathed her last on Wednesday at a hospital in New Delhi after battling cancer for several years.
She was 58 and died around 7 pm at the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences in Vasant Kunj, where she was admitted a few days ago.
Doctors at the hospital said Asha suffered from advanced malignancy (advanced form of cancer) when she was brought to the institute.
"She breathed her last in the hospital around 7 pm. Her family including Digvijay Singh was present when she passed away," a senior doctor said.
Asha was also treated at a US hospital for cancer a few months ago. She is survived by four daughters and one son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth