Digvijay Singh`s wife passes away
New Delhi: Asha Singh, wife of senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh, breathed her last on Wednesday at a hospital in New Delhi after battling cancer for several years.
She was 58 and died around 7 pm at the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences in Vasant Kunj, where she was admitted a few days ago.
Doctors at the hospital said Asha suffered from advanced malignancy (advanced form of cancer) when she was brought to the institute.
"She breathed her last in the hospital around 7 pm. Her family including Digvijay Singh was present when she passed away," a senior doctor said.
Asha was also treated at a US hospital for cancer a few months ago. She is survived by four daughters and one son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre