Digvijay slams Asaram Bapu for calling Rahul ‘kid’
Mathura: Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh has slammed religious preacher Asaram Bapu for passing comments against party general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
Bapu had mockingly called Gandhi a ``kid``.
Addressing mediapersons here, Singh said Bapu should refrain from making such comments.
"Asaram Bapu should first decide whether he wants to venture into politics or wants to be known as a religious preacher. A person who belongs to the field of religion should refrain from making such comments. Asaram Bapu should firstly make his intention clear whether he wants to be in politics and fight elections, before that he should not pass such comments and we will openly criticise him," said Singh.
Singh also condemned the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for misusing Anna Hazare`s name to remain in the limelight of national politics.
"Anna Hazare is an honest and simple man. People are misusing his name. `I am Anna` caps are being donned by people who are drunkards and corrupt. They are misusing his name and his popularity," added Singh.
He criticised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for arresting an honest and duty-bound police officer like Sanjiv Bhatt.
"Sanjiv Bhatt is an honest and duty bound police officer. He is being punished for speaking the truth. This is a burning example of fascist thinking and fascist government," added Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch