Digvijay slams Asaram Bapu for calling Rahul ‘kid’
Mathura: Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh has slammed religious preacher Asaram Bapu for passing comments against party general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
Bapu had mockingly called Gandhi a ``kid``.
Addressing mediapersons here, Singh said Bapu should refrain from making such comments.
"Asaram Bapu should first decide whether he wants to venture into politics or wants to be known as a religious preacher. A person who belongs to the field of religion should refrain from making such comments. Asaram Bapu should firstly make his intention clear whether he wants to be in politics and fight elections, before that he should not pass such comments and we will openly criticise him," said Singh.
Singh also condemned the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for misusing Anna Hazare`s name to remain in the limelight of national politics.
"Anna Hazare is an honest and simple man. People are misusing his name. `I am Anna` caps are being donned by people who are drunkards and corrupt. They are misusing his name and his popularity," added Singh.
He criticised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for arresting an honest and duty-bound police officer like Sanjiv Bhatt.
"Sanjiv Bhatt is an honest and duty bound police officer. He is being punished for speaking the truth. This is a burning example of fascist thinking and fascist government," added Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie