Digvijay slams Asaram Bapu for calling Rahul ‘kid’
Mathura: Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh has slammed religious preacher Asaram Bapu for passing comments against party general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
Bapu had mockingly called Gandhi a ``kid``.
Addressing mediapersons here, Singh said Bapu should refrain from making such comments.
"Asaram Bapu should first decide whether he wants to venture into politics or wants to be known as a religious preacher. A person who belongs to the field of religion should refrain from making such comments. Asaram Bapu should firstly make his intention clear whether he wants to be in politics and fight elections, before that he should not pass such comments and we will openly criticise him," said Singh.
Singh also condemned the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for misusing Anna Hazare`s name to remain in the limelight of national politics.
"Anna Hazare is an honest and simple man. People are misusing his name. `I am Anna` caps are being donned by people who are drunkards and corrupt. They are misusing his name and his popularity," added Singh.
He criticised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for arresting an honest and duty-bound police officer like Sanjiv Bhatt.
"Sanjiv Bhatt is an honest and duty bound police officer. He is being punished for speaking the truth. This is a burning example of fascist thinking and fascist government," added Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Sexism row: Darren Sammy defends 'entertainer' Chris Gayle
- Inexhaustible Rafael Nadal wins 200th Grand Slam match
- Half-century for world no. 1 Novak Djokovic at Roland Garros
- Congo citizen murder: Strict action needed, says Union Minister VK Singh
- Who stole the cookie? Let the canine siblings solve this mystery! - Watch video