Digvijay take potshot at Jaitley on `IB alert` remark
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Tuesday took potshots at senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley for his remarks on the Patna serial blasts during Narendra Modi`s rally on Sunday.
"Admire BJP and Arun Jaitley`s resourcefulness. Could access IB`s confidential warning to Bihar about terror attacks. Was he briefed by IB?" Singh tweeted.
Talking to reporters at Patna yesterday, Jaitley had said that "a specific alert" was sent to Bihar Police by the Intelligence Bureau on October 23, regarding the rally to be addressed by Modi in Patna.
Jaitley, who was present at the Patna rally, attacked the Nitish Kumar government, saying "the attitude of Bihar government was casual and callous... In this environment, are we going to be soft on security because some state governments want to be seen as soft on terror for obvious reasons?"
Earlier BJP had attacked Rahul Gandhi questioning in what capacity the Congress vice president was briefed by Intelligence agencies when he had said at a rally that Pakistani intelligence agency ISI had approached the victims of Muzaffarnagar communal riots in Uttar Pradesh.
Congress had defended Rahul saying that police and Intelligence officials talked to senior party leaders whether in ruling or Opposition on various issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- AAP removes Punjab chief for alleged corruption
- Clinton says emails, foundation ties not a threat to her White House bid
- From Olympic glory to jail: Oscar Pistorius' bid to challenge six-year jail term fails
- Piers Morgan TWEETS AGAIN: UK journalist takes credit for PM Modi setting up task force for next three Olympics
- MS Dhoni says it will be an interesting series against `extraordinary` West Indies