Digvijay take potshot at Jaitley on `IB alert` remark
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Tuesday took potshots at senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley for his remarks on the Patna serial blasts during Narendra Modi`s rally on Sunday.
"Admire BJP and Arun Jaitley`s resourcefulness. Could access IB`s confidential warning to Bihar about terror attacks. Was he briefed by IB?" Singh tweeted.
Talking to reporters at Patna yesterday, Jaitley had said that "a specific alert" was sent to Bihar Police by the Intelligence Bureau on October 23, regarding the rally to be addressed by Modi in Patna.
Jaitley, who was present at the Patna rally, attacked the Nitish Kumar government, saying "the attitude of Bihar government was casual and callous... In this environment, are we going to be soft on security because some state governments want to be seen as soft on terror for obvious reasons?"
Earlier BJP had attacked Rahul Gandhi questioning in what capacity the Congress vice president was briefed by Intelligence agencies when he had said at a rally that Pakistani intelligence agency ISI had approached the victims of Muzaffarnagar communal riots in Uttar Pradesh.
Congress had defended Rahul saying that police and Intelligence officials talked to senior party leaders whether in ruling or Opposition on various issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read