Digvijay takes a dig at CAG Vinod Rai; asks him to stop leaks
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh took a dig at CAG Vinod Rai on Thursday asking why does he not stop leak of reports from his office, a day after the latter deprecated the "brazenness" with which the decisions were being taken by the government.
"The CAG keeps us giving knowledge (Gyan). We thank him very much for this. But why does he not put a check on leak of reports from his office," Singh told reporters here responding to a question on Rai`s observations in Gurgaon yesterday.
"The brazenness (with which) decisions were being taken is actually appalling...", Rai said speaking at the World Economic Forum (WEF) meet here drawing a sharp reaction from Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari.
"If he talks about brazenness in decision-making and if it refers to the time-period of this particular government, I think it would be worth his while to recall that he was part of the same government from 2004 to 2008.
"And I guess, when he talks about brazenness, that paradigm equally applies across the board to everyone who was part of the government," Tewari said.
Singh said that as far corruption is concerned, "we want that it should be wiped out. We are totally in favour of creating a strong mechanism to wipe out corruption and giving a constitutional status to Lokpal for this purpose".
Singh, had a few days back, also raised the issue of report leaks from the CAG office. "CAG interim report again leaked. Would CAG instead of sermonising every one please look into his Leaky Office?" Singh wrote on the popular micro-blogging site Twitter on November 3.
The Congress general secretary had earlier on August 31 caused a flutter by lashing out at the Comptroller and Auditor General Vinod Rai saying that he has a political agenda. He had later also blamed Rai for "leak" of CAG reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical