Digvijay takes on SC, CAT over remarks against CBI & IB
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Monday took on the Supreme Court for calling the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) a `caged parrot`. The veteran Congress leader also expressed his unhappiness over the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) terming the Intelligence Bureau as a ‘Chicken’
"Hon Supreme Court calls CBI a Parrot in a Cage; CAT calls Intelligence Bureau a Chicken. Are we not belittling our Institutions? (sic)", Digvijay wrote on Twitter.
The Supreme Court had termed as "sordid saga" the sharing and alterations in draft probe reports of the coal block allocation scam and said that the CBI has become a "caged parrot" which is speaking in the voice of its political masters.
On the other hand the CAT had drawn parallels between the Intelligence Bureau and a chicken. The Cat said the IB was like an Augean Stable that requires systematic clean-up. "It is like a chicken. A bird? — Yes. Can it fly? — No", the Bangalore bench of CAT had said while passing orders on a woman IPS officer`s application against her repatriation to her cadre.
Digvijay`s tweet instantly drew flak from Opposition, with BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad being quoted by agencies as saying, "Nothing better can be expected from him."
"If the morale of CBI has been degraded then it is because the CBI was deliberately not allowed to function properly," Ravi Shankar Prasad added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan