Digvijay takes on SC, CAT over remarks against CBI & IB
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Monday took on the Supreme Court for calling the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) a `caged parrot`. The veteran Congress leader also expressed his unhappiness over the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) terming the Intelligence Bureau as a ‘Chicken’
"Hon Supreme Court calls CBI a Parrot in a Cage; CAT calls Intelligence Bureau a Chicken. Are we not belittling our Institutions? (sic)", Digvijay wrote on Twitter.
The Supreme Court had termed as "sordid saga" the sharing and alterations in draft probe reports of the coal block allocation scam and said that the CBI has become a "caged parrot" which is speaking in the voice of its political masters.
On the other hand the CAT had drawn parallels between the Intelligence Bureau and a chicken. The Cat said the IB was like an Augean Stable that requires systematic clean-up. "It is like a chicken. A bird? — Yes. Can it fly? — No", the Bangalore bench of CAT had said while passing orders on a woman IPS officer`s application against her repatriation to her cadre.
Digvijay`s tweet instantly drew flak from Opposition, with BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad being quoted by agencies as saying, "Nothing better can be expected from him."
"If the morale of CBI has been degraded then it is because the CBI was deliberately not allowed to function properly," Ravi Shankar Prasad added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez