New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh says he would release proof on the issue of his telephonic conversation between him and slain Mumbai ATS chief Hemant Karkare. Singh has called a press conference in New Delhi on Tuesday saying he would release the call record of the phone call he made to Karkare hours before he was killed in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
"Despite the fact that the BSNL does not keep a record of telephone calls for more than a year, I have got the record after I talked to some concerned people and I will be showing it to you tomorrow," Singh told reporters at the AICC headquarters.
When asked as to why he has called the press conference at a different venue than the Congress headquarters, he said that this was because the party was not involved in the matter.
Last month, Digvijay had created a flutter by claiming that that Karkare had spoken about threats from right-wing groups during a telephonic conversation with him hours before he was killed.
He, however, subsequently clarified that he never doubted the role of Pakistani elements in the Mumbai attacks.
Congress had then distanced itself from Digvijay`s statement, saying the matter was "a conversation between two individuals".
Raising doubts over his claims, Maharashtra Home Minister RR Patil had then said that there was no existence of any record of the purported telephonic conversation between the Congress leader and Karkare.