Digvijay wants action on Togadia for hate speech
New Delhi: Demanding swift and stringent action against Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) president Praveen Togadia over his hate speech against members of a particular community, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Wednesday said no religious fundamentalists should be allowed to play with communal accord in the country.
Referring to the Togadia’s alleged inflammatory speech on February 1 near Adilabad district, the same district where MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi had delivered his hate speech; Digvijay Singh welcomed the police action against Owaisi and said that similar action must be taken against Togadia.
“I welcome the police action against Akbaruddin Owaisi, but I just heard Praveen Togadia on a news channel, and I demand that similar action must be taken against him. I appeal to the Union Home Minister and the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister to take swift action. No religious fundamentalism, either it be a Hindu or a Muslim, should be allowed to spread hate and communalism in the country,” said Singh.
However, talking to the media at Kumbh Mela in Allahabad, Togadia said: “The Hindus in the country are afraid. Neither our religious sentiments nor the livelihoods are secure here.”
“The government is snatching our jobs in the name of reservation for Muslims. There is a minority development corporation, as if the people in majority don’t need development. The government provides subsidies for Haj pilgrims, but imposing tax of Rs.15 on each people coming to Kumbh Mela, is this not a partiality?” asked Togadia.
Akbaruddin, who was arrested on January 8 and is lodged in Adilabad district jail after being sent to judicial remand from January 9. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!