Digvijay wants action on Togadia for hate speech
New Delhi: Demanding swift and stringent action against Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) president Praveen Togadia over his hate speech against members of a particular community, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Wednesday said no religious fundamentalists should be allowed to play with communal accord in the country.
Referring to the Togadia’s alleged inflammatory speech on February 1 near Adilabad district, the same district where MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi had delivered his hate speech; Digvijay Singh welcomed the police action against Owaisi and said that similar action must be taken against Togadia.
“I welcome the police action against Akbaruddin Owaisi, but I just heard Praveen Togadia on a news channel, and I demand that similar action must be taken against him. I appeal to the Union Home Minister and the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister to take swift action. No religious fundamentalism, either it be a Hindu or a Muslim, should be allowed to spread hate and communalism in the country,” said Singh.
However, talking to the media at Kumbh Mela in Allahabad, Togadia said: “The Hindus in the country are afraid. Neither our religious sentiments nor the livelihoods are secure here.”
“The government is snatching our jobs in the name of reservation for Muslims. There is a minority development corporation, as if the people in majority don’t need development. The government provides subsidies for Haj pilgrims, but imposing tax of Rs.15 on each people coming to Kumbh Mela, is this not a partiality?” asked Togadia.
Akbaruddin, who was arrested on January 8 and is lodged in Adilabad district jail after being sent to judicial remand from January 9. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video