Digvijay wants action on Togadia for hate speech
New Delhi: Demanding swift and stringent action against Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) president Praveen Togadia over his hate speech against members of a particular community, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Wednesday said no religious fundamentalists should be allowed to play with communal accord in the country.
Referring to the Togadia’s alleged inflammatory speech on February 1 near Adilabad district, the same district where MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi had delivered his hate speech; Digvijay Singh welcomed the police action against Owaisi and said that similar action must be taken against Togadia.
“I welcome the police action against Akbaruddin Owaisi, but I just heard Praveen Togadia on a news channel, and I demand that similar action must be taken against him. I appeal to the Union Home Minister and the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister to take swift action. No religious fundamentalism, either it be a Hindu or a Muslim, should be allowed to spread hate and communalism in the country,” said Singh.
However, talking to the media at Kumbh Mela in Allahabad, Togadia said: “The Hindus in the country are afraid. Neither our religious sentiments nor the livelihoods are secure here.”
“The government is snatching our jobs in the name of reservation for Muslims. There is a minority development corporation, as if the people in majority don’t need development. The government provides subsidies for Haj pilgrims, but imposing tax of Rs.15 on each people coming to Kumbh Mela, is this not a partiality?” asked Togadia.
Akbaruddin, who was arrested on January 8 and is lodged in Adilabad district jail after being sent to judicial remand from January 9. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read