Digvijay wants Sushma probed for illegal mining
New Delhi: Outspoken Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh, Monday, dragged senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj into the illegal mining issue involving the Reddy brothers of Bellary by demanding that her role should be probe too.
As per reports, Singh has alleged that Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj has business interest in the illegal mining empire run by the Reddy brothers.
The former Madhya Pradesh chief minister also named former BJP president Venkaiah Naidu as having business interests linked to the Reddys.
The Bellary brothers, Janardhan, Karunakar and Somashekhar Reddy, are said to be close to Swaraj and reportedly enjoy her patronage. The proximity between Swaraj and Reddy brothers has been since the former contested against Congress president Sonia Gandhi from Bellary in 1999.
Swaraj has time and gain refuted charges that she is a protector of the Bellary brothers.
However, the minelords still consider her as "godmother", reports claimed.
The BJP, which has stood by the Reddys, has hit back at the Congress and stressed that Sushma has already made her stand clear on the entire issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29