Digvijay welcomes court order to probe Indore mall case
New Delhi: A day after the Madhya Pradesh High Court asked CBI to probe Treasure Island mall case allegedly involving him, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh today said he was ready to face punishment if he did any wrong.
"Treasure Island was the first mall in Indore and is now the most popular for which permission was given during my tenure," Singh said on microblogging site Twitter.
He said the matter was investigated by the Economic Offences Wing of the Madhya Pradesh as well as the police and there was "no case".
Noting that the Indore bench of the High court has asked CBI to investigate the matter, Singh said that he welcomes the decision.
"Must investigate and punish me if I have done anything wrong," he said.
Responding to a tweet, Singh said the BJP government`s minister also approved the decision taken by his government in Treasure Island Mall case when they came to power.
The Indore bench of the Madhya Pradesh High Court had yesterday asked the CBI to probe Treasure Island scam case here, involving former chief minister Digvijay Singh, and report back within six months.
Social activist Mahesh Garg had filed a complaint with the state Economic Offences Wing in 2009 in this regard.
The allegation was that the mall was illegally built on a residential plot of one lakh square feet, with undue concessions from the state government.
EOW, which conducted a probe against 12 accused, including Singh, later filed a closure report, giving clean chit to Singh, while saying there was a case against six others including the developers.
Dissatisfied with the EOW report, Garg had filed a PIL in the high court demanding a CBI inquiry into the alleged irregularities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj