Digvijaya slams BJP for criticising Bihar law and order
New Delhi: Taking pot shots at the BJP, Congress leader Digvijaya Singh Sunday said the party which was part of the coalition government in Bihar till last month is criticising the state`s law and order situation over the Bodh Gaya blasts.
The Congress general secretary told reporters here that the perpetrators of the Bodh Gaya temple terror attack in the morning, which left two monks injured, should be brought to book.
"Any effort to destabilise the country, to destabilise the state and to bring about communal disturbance should be fought at all levels. It is not even a month and the BJP feels that the law and order is so bad that they (Nitish Kumar government) can`t handle anything. I also saw Ravi Shankar Prasad (BJP spokesperson) saying that probably the (2010) Pune bakery (blasts) culprits were also doing recce," Digvijaya Singh said.
He said the BJP and the Sangh (Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh) want to communalise politics again in the run up to the Lok Sabha elections.
"Therefore, all non-BJP ruled states should be careful and Nitish Kumar should be more careful," said the Congress leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What an achievement! Anurag Thakur becomes first BJP MP to be commissioned into Territorial Army
- Rahul Gandhi kicks off Congress' poll campaign in Lucknow; vows to make UP no. 1 state, praises Sheila Dikshit
- Jeff Bezos world's third-richest, surpasses Warren Buffett: Forbes
- RBI to keep rates unchanged in August 9 policy: ICRA
- Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh's wife led to his arrest?