Digvijay`s claim about Karkare not credible: Venkaiah
Mumbai: Despite Digvijay Singh producing
record of his conversation with slain ATS chief Hemant Karkare
on 26/11, senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu said the Congress
general secretary`s claim had no "credibility".
"Singh`s claim (about conversation with slain ATS chief
Hemant Karkare) has no credibility. It seems Congress has
given a general power of attorney to him to divert the public
attention from major issues like 2G spectrum scam and CWG
corruption," Naidu said told reporters here.
"If Karkare had any life threat then he could have spoken
to the Chief Minister or the Prime Minister. Why would he
speak to Singh? Karkare`s wife Kavita had also refuted any
such claim," he added.
Singh today produced record of the conversation Karkare
had with him on 26/11 and sought apology from Maharashtra Home
Minister R R Patil and all others who had dubbed him a "liar".
Singh released the details of the call records he
obtained from BSNL`s Bhopal office at a press conference in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!