Digvijay`s dargah visit minority appeasement tactic: Azam
Rampur (UP): Condemning Congress leader
Digvijay Singh`s visit to Hazrat dargah in Bareilly, SP leader
Azam Khan today said it is a minority appeasement tactic of
the party ahead of the UP elections, due next year.
"They (Congress) are habitual of adopting such meanest
tactics to avail political mileage...It (Singh`s visit) is a
`siyasi nautanki (political drama)`," he said.
Singh had visited the dargah to offer chaadar on behalf
of Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
"What message you (Singh) have given to Muslim community
on behalf of the Congress party by offering prayers at the
dargah?" Khan asked.
Accusing Congress of remaining silent on arrests of
innocent Muslims in connection to blasts in Malegaon, Ajmer
dargah and Mecca Majid, Khan demanded that Singh should
clarify his party`s stand on the delivery of justice in the
probe of these cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy