Dikshit makes strong pitch for making Rahul PM
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Thursday made a strong pitch for making Rahul Gandhi the prime minister of the country and asked Congress workers to do everything possible to see that the party vice president occupies the top post after the Lok Sabha polls next year.
Addressing a gathering of Congress workers, she said all party workers will have to forget their differences and make "sacrifices" in the next 10 months to see that the Gandhi scion becomes the prime minister.
"We should not forget the sacrifice made by Sonia Gandhi. Nobody has sacrificed so much for the party like her. We will have to repay the debt. We will have to make Rahul Gandhi the prime minister. For that to happen we all have to make sacrifice. We will have to help him occupy the post," she said.
Appealing to party workers to start preparations for the Lok Sabha polls scheduled to be held in April, Dikshit said they will have to make ground for convincing Rahul to become prime minister as he was reluctant for it.
"Please take a resolve that you will make all possible sacrifice to make the ground for Rahul Gandhi. We get energy from him. There may be differences among us but we will have to leave them aside to reach our destination," she said.
AICC general secretaries Janardan Dwivedi and Shakeel Ahmed, DPCC president J P Aggarwal, all Delhi Ministers and senior DPCC leaders were present at the function, organised to felicitate Ahmed, the newly appointed party in-charge of Delhi.
Exhorting party workers to work unitedly for ensuring an unprecedented fourth straight victory in assembly polls in Delhi, Dikshit said the result of the polls in the national capital, which is a "mini India", has greater significance as it reflects the "overall trend" in the country.
"If Congress wins in Delhi, then it becomes almost clear that Congress will win in the country," she said.
Dikshit also took a dig at opposition parties and said only Congress can ensure a stable government at the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo