Dinakaran issue: Karna bar federation for expediting decision
Bangalore: The Federation of Bar
Associations in Karnataka on Wednesday appealed to the Supreme Court collegium to expedite its decision on the issue of elevation
of state high court Chief Justice P D Dinakaran who faces
charges of land grabbing, to the apex court.
Stating that the federation was "deeply distressed" by
the "prolonged uncertainty" in the matter, its President K N
Subba Reddy told reporters the move for impeachment of the
Judge by 75 non-Congress Rajya Sabha members could have been
avoided by "swift action of the Collegium".
Justice Dinakaran`s elevation to the Supreme Court has
been put on hold by the Collegium after the land grab charges
surfaced. The Union Law Ministry had recently rejected the
Collegium`s recommendation for his elevation and sent it back
Asserting that present stalemate was in nobody`s
interest, Reddy said the "delay has dented the image of the
judiciary. The Collegium ought to take an immediate decision
one way or the other".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala