Dinakaran moves SC against impeachment
New Delhi: Sikkim High Court Chief Justice PD Dinakaran on Tuesday moved the Supreme Court seeking stay of the
impeachment proceedings initiated against him for alleged
misconduct and corruption.
Justice Dinakaran challenged the proceedings before a
three-member Rajya Sabha-appointed inquiry panel which has
been hearing the charges of alleged land grabbing and
possession of wealth disproportionate to his known sources
He has sought quashing of the order of the panel which
has refused his plea for the recusal of senior advocate PP
Rao on the ground that he was biased against him.
The panel, headed by Justice Aftab Alam of the Supreme
Court, also includes Karnataka High Court Chief Justice JS
Khehar, besides Rao.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail