Dinakaran moves SC against impeachment
New Delhi: Sikkim High Court Chief Justice PD Dinakaran on Tuesday moved the Supreme Court seeking stay of the
impeachment proceedings initiated against him for alleged
misconduct and corruption.
Justice Dinakaran challenged the proceedings before a
three-member Rajya Sabha-appointed inquiry panel which has
been hearing the charges of alleged land grabbing and
possession of wealth disproportionate to his known sources
He has sought quashing of the order of the panel which
has refused his plea for the recusal of senior advocate PP
Rao on the ground that he was biased against him.
The panel, headed by Justice Aftab Alam of the Supreme
Court, also includes Karnataka High Court Chief Justice JS
Khehar, besides Rao.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal