Dinakaran row: Sikkim lawyers seek CM`s cooperation
Gangtok: Sikkim lawyers, agitating against former Karnataka High Court Chief Justice PD Dinakaran`s transfer here in the same capacity, has sought Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling `cooperation` to stall the posting.
"We met the chief minister and submitted to him yesterday
a copy of the resolution adopted by Sikkim Bar Association
members against the transfer of Justice Dinakaran here and
solicited his support for the campaign on the issue," its
president DR Thapa told a news agency here.
"We also explained to the chief minister how the
transfer of Justice Dinakaran, who has been mired with land
grabbing and other charges, may affect the integrity of the
judicial institutions in Sikkim," he said.
Asked, Thapa said the chief minister received a copy of
the bar association resolution but did not make any comment.
The association members will also meet acting Governor
MK Narayanan on April 14 to seek his help to stall
Dinakaran`s transfer to Sikkim.
They would also seek an appointment with President
Pratibha Patil, who is tentatively scheduled to arrive here on
a three-day visit from April 14, to request her not to send
the controversial judge to Sikkim.
The lawyers had earlier decided to boycott the
swearing-in of Dinakaran as well as the courts to be presided
over by him in the event of his transfer to Sikkim.
The bar members had adopted a resolution to oppose
Dinakaran`s transfer to Sikkim and faxed copies of it to the
President, Vice-President, Prime Minister and Chief Justice of
India for corrective action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo