Diplomat attack: SC refuses to review its decision
New Delhi: The Supreme Court has rejected the plea of Delhi Police to review its judgement granting bail to journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi who is the lone accused in 2012 Israeli diplomat attack case.
"We have gone through the review petitions and the connected papers. We do not find any merit in the same. Accordingly, the review petitions are dismissed," a bench of Chief Justice Altamas Kabir and justices S S Nijjar and J Chelameswar said.
The bench also dismissed the plea of the prosecution seeking a review of its judgement holding as incorrect the procedure adopted by the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate extending the time of investigation and remand of the accused for 90 days, with retrospective effect from June 2, 2012, and the orders of the high court.
The prosecution had sought review of the apex court`s October 19 judgement by which it had granted bail to Kazmi while holding as incorrect the conduct of the magistrate which had come into question after a sessions court in June 2012 raised question mark over the power of a magisterial court to extend the period of probe and remand of accused in cases under the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA).
Kazmi, who claims to have been writing for an Iranian publication, was picked up after a probe showed he had been in touch with the suspect who is believed to have stuck the magnetic bomb on Israeli diplomat Tal Yehoshua`s car on February 13, according to the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened