Direct satellite phones, TV for BSF jawans
Srinagar: Installation of direct satellite
phone terminals and televisions at Forward Defence Locations
across the country are among the steps taken by the BSF to
boost morale of its jawans and improve operational efficiency.
"We have installed direct satellite phone terminals in
many FDLs and are installing 63 more such terminals in the
coming days...It will enable the jawans to remain in touch
with their families almost on daily basis," IG BSF Baljit
Singh told the passing out parade of fresh recruits to the
"Huts with facilities like television have been installed
at all 200 FDLs with a view to provide entertainment facility
to the jawans," he said.
These measures have been initiated to boost the morale
and improve the operation efficiency of the jawans posted at
FDLs, Singh said.
Besides, roads were being constructed to the nearest
point of every forward defence location in order to cut down
foot march by jawans in treacherous terrain.
"The operational efficiency of the force can only be
improved when the jawans and officers posted at forward areas
are mentally and physically fit. We are providing logistics
and facilities to ensure that," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days