Disabled people protest outside PM`s house
New Delhi: Over 40 disabled people on Saturday protested outside the residence of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh demanding the resignation of Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid over financial impropriety in the running of his trust for differently-abled people.
The protesters belonging to the Rashtriya Viklang Party (RVP) gathered reached the Prime Minister`s house at 7, Race Course Road and started raising slogans. "The police immediately rushed to the spot and took them to different police stations,” a senior police official said.
“Khurshid and his wife spend money which was meant to purchase equipment for differently-abled people in Uttar Pradesh. Our demand is for the resignation of Khurshid from the Cabinet and his immediate arrest,” RVP president KK Dikshit said.
The protestors were taken to Tughlaq Raod and Chanakyapuri police stations. "Action may be taken against the protesters," and police official added.
The India Against Corruption had alleged financial impropriety against Khurshid in the running of his Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video