Disabled people protest outside PM`s house
New Delhi: Over 40 disabled people on Saturday protested outside the residence of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh demanding the resignation of Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid over financial impropriety in the running of his trust for differently-abled people.
The protesters belonging to the Rashtriya Viklang Party (RVP) gathered reached the Prime Minister`s house at 7, Race Course Road and started raising slogans. "The police immediately rushed to the spot and took them to different police stations,” a senior police official said.
“Khurshid and his wife spend money which was meant to purchase equipment for differently-abled people in Uttar Pradesh. Our demand is for the resignation of Khurshid from the Cabinet and his immediate arrest,” RVP president KK Dikshit said.
The protestors were taken to Tughlaq Raod and Chanakyapuri police stations. "Action may be taken against the protesters," and police official added.
The India Against Corruption had alleged financial impropriety against Khurshid in the running of his Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley