Disabled people protest outside PM`s house
New Delhi: Over 40 disabled people on Saturday protested outside the residence of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh demanding the resignation of Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid over financial impropriety in the running of his trust for differently-abled people.
The protesters belonging to the Rashtriya Viklang Party (RVP) gathered reached the Prime Minister`s house at 7, Race Course Road and started raising slogans. "The police immediately rushed to the spot and took them to different police stations,” a senior police official said.
“Khurshid and his wife spend money which was meant to purchase equipment for differently-abled people in Uttar Pradesh. Our demand is for the resignation of Khurshid from the Cabinet and his immediate arrest,” RVP president KK Dikshit said.
The protestors were taken to Tughlaq Raod and Chanakyapuri police stations. "Action may be taken against the protesters," and police official added.
The India Against Corruption had alleged financial impropriety against Khurshid in the running of his Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter