Disappointed over PM`s refusal to depose before JPC: Yashwant
New Delhi: BJP leader Yashwant Sinha, who is a member of the JPC on 2G issue, today wrote to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh stating he is "surprised and disappointed" over his refusal to depose before the panel.
Sinha, who earlier written a letter to Singh asking that he should present himself before the Joint Parliamentary Committee, said he was unhappy with the response of the Prime Minister- through a mail- that he does not have to depose and has nothing to hide.
The letter written today is a response to the Prime Minister`s communication.
In the letter, Sinha states, "Of course, it is for the JPC to decide whether you appear as a witness or not, but the same principle applied to the PAC when you made a grand offer publicly to appear before it. If you were right in making that offer, how can you not be wrong in not making that offer to the JPC?"
He also takes on Singh for stating that all documents have been furnished to the JPC and is not hiding anything.
"I find it difficult to agree with your claim that neither the government nor you have anything to hide in this matter. If it was so, then a number of crucial documents could not have been held back from the JPC as the government did. These documents had to be literally ferreted out of government by the JPC when the media brought them into the public domain," Sinha said.
The BJP MP further maintained that if JPC is expected to draw its conclusions only on the basis of records and documents then "clearly it has wasted its time by calling so many witnesses to depose before it".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference