Disapprove of CBI raid on MK Stalin: P Chidambaram
New Delhi: Finance Minister P Chidambaram said on Thursday that he disapproved of the CBI raid on DMK leader MK Stalin’s residence as would be ‘misunderstood’.
Finance Minster said, “Normally I do not comment on the working of other department. But in this case I have to say I disapprove of the action by the CBI. It will be misunderstood.” “I have spoken to the minister concerned,” he added.
The CBI raided DMK leader MK Stalin`s residence in Chennai in the morning today in connection with alleged evasion of import duty on limousines.
CBI has registered a case against Stalin`s son for illegally importing cars worth 20 crores, as per reports.
The raid is said to have began around 6 am and went on for nearly three hours.
Speaking to reporters Stalin said that the raid was part of `political vendetta` against the party."
"We left the UPA, that is why CBI raided us. We will deal with it in accordance with the law,” he said.
The DMK had on Tuesday formally withdrawn support to the Central government.
TR Baalu and four other members of the DMK met President Pranab Mukherjee and handed over the letter withdrawing support of its 18 MPs to the UPA government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond