Disapprove of CBI raid on MK Stalin: P Chidambaram
New Delhi: Finance Minister P Chidambaram said on Thursday that he disapproved of the CBI raid on DMK leader MK Stalin’s residence as would be ‘misunderstood’.
Finance Minster said, “Normally I do not comment on the working of other department. But in this case I have to say I disapprove of the action by the CBI. It will be misunderstood.” “I have spoken to the minister concerned,” he added.
The CBI raided DMK leader MK Stalin`s residence in Chennai in the morning today in connection with alleged evasion of import duty on limousines.
CBI has registered a case against Stalin`s son for illegally importing cars worth 20 crores, as per reports.
The raid is said to have began around 6 am and went on for nearly three hours.
Speaking to reporters Stalin said that the raid was part of `political vendetta` against the party."
"We left the UPA, that is why CBI raided us. We will deal with it in accordance with the law,” he said.
The DMK had on Tuesday formally withdrawn support to the Central government.
TR Baalu and four other members of the DMK met President Pranab Mukherjee and handed over the letter withdrawing support of its 18 MPs to the UPA government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray