Disaster management system failed to rescue flood-hit: BJP
Panaji: The disaster management system failed
to rescue the people from the flood affected areas, Goa BJP
chief and leader of the opposition Manohar Parrikar said here
The disaster management system reacted only after the
areas started getting flooded. It should have acted in advance
and began rescue operation," Parrikar said.
The former chief minister said that the "disaster
management scheme did not fail but failed to work
Meanwhile, the Goa unit of the BJP has decided to raise
funds for the people hit by the floods.
"We will collect Rs 25 lakh from various donors which
will be disbursed among the affected people," Parrikar said.
BJP`s legislators, Vijay Pai Khot and Ramesh Tawadkar,
represent the constituencies which were worse hit by the
Parrikar said that the party will donate Rs 1 lakh while
legislators will individually donate Rs 1 lakh each for the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!