Disaster management system failed to rescue flood-hit: BJP
Panaji: The disaster management system failed
to rescue the people from the flood affected areas, Goa BJP
chief and leader of the opposition Manohar Parrikar said here
The disaster management system reacted only after the
areas started getting flooded. It should have acted in advance
and began rescue operation," Parrikar said.
The former chief minister said that the "disaster
management scheme did not fail but failed to work
Meanwhile, the Goa unit of the BJP has decided to raise
funds for the people hit by the floods.
"We will collect Rs 25 lakh from various donors which
will be disbursed among the affected people," Parrikar said.
BJP`s legislators, Vijay Pai Khot and Ramesh Tawadkar,
represent the constituencies which were worse hit by the
Parrikar said that the party will donate Rs 1 lakh while
legislators will individually donate Rs 1 lakh each for the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM