Disciple moves court seeking prosecution of Ramdev
Indore: A disciple of Baba Ramdev moved an
application in a local court seeking prosecution of Yoga guru
Baba Ramdev and his aide Acharya Balkrishna for allegedly
entering into a criminal conspiracy for unlawfully gathering
thousands of people and "inciting" them for rioting at Ramlila
Maidan in Delhi.
"The court of Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) R
K Rawatkar has listed the petition, moved by Sachin Shukla,
for hearing on July 1," the petitioner`s counsel Mahesh Dixit
told reporters today.
"In the petition, my client has stated that Baba
Ramdev and Balkrishna entered into a criminal conspiracy to
unlawfully gather thousands of people and incite them for
rioting," he said.
Both, Ramdev and Balkrishna, had exerted "unnecessary"
pressure on the government and "blackmailed " it, the
Shukla has stated that he had been a disciple of
Ramdev and his feelings had been hurt as the Yoga guru and
Balkrishna acted like businessman and politician during
their protest in Delhi, Dixit said.
Shukla denied that his petition was politically
The Yoga guru, who is seeking repatriation of Indian
black money stashed in the foreign banks illegally, had
launched his fast at Ramlila Maidan in Delhi after talks with
the Centre failed to reach the consensus.
Ramdev and the protesters were, however, forcibly
evicted from the Maidan by police in a midnight crackdown on
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on