Disciple moves court seeking prosecution of Ramdev
Indore: A disciple of Baba Ramdev moved an
application in a local court seeking prosecution of Yoga guru
Baba Ramdev and his aide Acharya Balkrishna for allegedly
entering into a criminal conspiracy for unlawfully gathering
thousands of people and "inciting" them for rioting at Ramlila
Maidan in Delhi.
"The court of Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) R
K Rawatkar has listed the petition, moved by Sachin Shukla,
for hearing on July 1," the petitioner`s counsel Mahesh Dixit
told reporters today.
"In the petition, my client has stated that Baba
Ramdev and Balkrishna entered into a criminal conspiracy to
unlawfully gather thousands of people and incite them for
rioting," he said.
Both, Ramdev and Balkrishna, had exerted "unnecessary"
pressure on the government and "blackmailed " it, the
Shukla has stated that he had been a disciple of
Ramdev and his feelings had been hurt as the Yoga guru and
Balkrishna acted like businessman and politician during
their protest in Delhi, Dixit said.
Shukla denied that his petition was politically
The Yoga guru, who is seeking repatriation of Indian
black money stashed in the foreign banks illegally, had
launched his fast at Ramlila Maidan in Delhi after talks with
the Centre failed to reach the consensus.
Ramdev and the protesters were, however, forcibly
evicted from the Maidan by police in a midnight crackdown on
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India