Disciplinary action initiated against 9 IAS officers: Govt
New Delhi: Necessary disciplinary action was initiated against nine IAS officers for alleged irregularities in the last three years, the Government has said.
"During the last three years and in the current year up to August 23, disciplinary proceedings have been initiated against nine IAS officers for alleged irregularities while serving in connection with affairs of the Central Government," Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions V Narayanasamy told the Lok Sabha in a written reply yesterday.
Out of nine officers, penalty has been imposed on one officer, he said.
"As per Rule 15 (i) of the All India Services (Discipline and Appeal ) Rules, 1969, no appeal lies against an order issued by the Central Government by order and in the name of the President," Narayanasamy said when asked details on the number of pending appeals by officials who have been imposed penalties.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!