Disciplinary action initiated against 9 IAS officers: Govt
New Delhi: Necessary disciplinary action was initiated against nine IAS officers for alleged irregularities in the last three years, the Government has said.
"During the last three years and in the current year up to August 23, disciplinary proceedings have been initiated against nine IAS officers for alleged irregularities while serving in connection with affairs of the Central Government," Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions V Narayanasamy told the Lok Sabha in a written reply yesterday.
Out of nine officers, penalty has been imposed on one officer, he said.
"As per Rule 15 (i) of the All India Services (Discipline and Appeal ) Rules, 1969, no appeal lies against an order issued by the Central Government by order and in the name of the President," Narayanasamy said when asked details on the number of pending appeals by officials who have been imposed penalties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL