Disclose grading of ACRs during promotion of officers: CIC
New Delhi: The relative grading of officers` annual confidential reports during their promotion is not a personal information and should be made public, the Central Information Commission has held.
Chief Information Commissioner Satyananda Mishra said although the Annual Confidential Reports of an officer are a personal information which should be disclosed only to him or her, its relative grading during promotion process should be made public.
"Since the relative grading of the ACRs is the basis for recommending a certain officer for promotion this needs to be disclosed just as the caste certificate of a public servant needs to be disclosed since that serves as the basis for his appointment to the government service," Mishra said.
The case relates to an RTI application filed by Madhu Khare of Bhopal who sought to know from the Union Public Service Commission the grading chart of select list of 2001-02 for promotion from Madhya Pradesh Administrative Service to Indian Administrative Services.
The UPSC objected to disclosure of the chart claiming that it contained the gradings based on the ACRs and to that extent the disclosure of this information would amount to the disclosure of personal information of other officers.
"In the present case, the appellant had not sought the copies of the ACRs. She has only wanted to know the manner in which the Departmental Promotion Committee (DPC) evaluated and assessed the individual ACRs of the officers and arrived at the grading in each case," Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you