Disclosure of ACRs to endanger sr officials: ESIC
New Delhi: A government organisation has
claimed that disclosure of an employee`s own Annual
Confidential Report to him will endanger safety of the senior
officials who have given their views on it.
The curious case came before the Central Information
Commission after Employees State Insurance Corporation refused
to disclose the ACR of its own employee A K Dawar to him under
the RTI Act.
Declining the request, the department cited section
8(1)(g) of the Act which exempts information, the disclosure
of which would endanger the life or physical safety of any
person or identify the source of information or assistance
given in confidence for law enforcement or security purposes.
"It is a very sad comment on an organisation if it states
that if information about the evaluation done by senior
officer disclosed to the junior officers, junior officers are
likely to endanger the life or physical safety of such senior
officers," Information Commissioner Shailesh Gandhi noted.
The Commissioner said it was a "very poor reflection" on
the employees of a government department if this was the
perception of employees working in these organisations.
"The Commission is not in a position to judge whether
employees of a particular organisation are law abiding or
people who might endanger the life and physical safety of
their senior officers," Gandhi said.
Ordering the ESIC to disclose the ACR of Dawar, he,
however, said if the public authority believes this danger to
be real it may sever the names of the officers who have given
the reports as per Section 10 of the RTI Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Track your lost Android phone in these steps; remotely lock or erase data
- MASTI full on! Parineeti Chopra flaunts ample strength on the sets of 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' – Watch
- Royal couple Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan spotted on the streets of London! – Watch video
- Worrying signs: Indian student studying in US spotted in ISIS video, says report
- Cbseresults.nic.in & CBSE.nic.in 10th X Result 2016 CBSE: CBSE board class 10th X exam result 2016 announced