‘Discrimination against SC, ST, OBC docs in AIIMS’
New Delhi: Members from various parties on Monday alleged in the Lok Sabha that discrimination was being meted out to SC, ST and OBC doctors in the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and some other medical institutes, driving some of them to suicide.
The issue was raised during Zero Hour by Mangani Lal Mandal (JD-U) who said that reservation for SCs, STs and OBCs in the AIIMS has been a matter of controversy.
He said despite backlog in reservation, recruitments were taking place through backdoor.
Mandal alleged that doctors belonging to SC, ST and OBC are even discriminated in provision of food.
He was supported by PL Punia (Cong) who went on to add that discrimination meted out to SC,ST and OBC doctors was forcing some to commit suicide.
Terming it as shameful, Punia said there should be a probe into the matter.
He said such "discrimination" was meted out not only in AIIMS but some other medical institutes like Chattrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical University in Uttar Pradesh where 24 out 26 SC students were "deliberately" failed.
Joining Mandal and Punia, Dara Singh Chauhan (BSP) said doctors were being forced to resort to suicide despite getting into medical colleges on merit.
"There is a conspiracy against SCs, STs....The students are deliberately failed in practicals (exams) so that they are not able to stand up to others," he alleged.
Kirori Lal Meena (Ind) alleged that reservation for SCs and STs had been done away with in Delhi and demanded that a pending bill of 2004 should be brought at the earliest to protect their rights.
He warned that there was unrest among these communities which could grow if the Constitution was not amended to protect their rights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH