Disillusioned with AAP: Anupam Kher
New Delhi: Actor Anupam Kher on Thursday said he was disillusioned with AAP and alleged the party has lost its focus.
"I think in the last 20 days, I feel disillusioned. I feel the goals and commitments (of the party) have changed. It is not against any individual or against the team. The focus has gone to something different. The U-turns are happening", he told a news channel.
The actor, who had extended his support to the movement against corruption called upon by social activist Anna Hazare, said "after Mr Arvind Kejriwal took oath, journalists asked him what action he would take against Sheila Dixit. I was surprised when he said that let BJP leaders get proof and I will take action in two hours. What was the whole rhetoric?"
In his tweets, Kher also said he was not contesting any election on AAP ticket.
"A worried producer called me to ask if I am contesting elections as an AAP candidate, so what about his shooting. To clarify: I AM NOT.
"Whosoever is spreading this rumour that I am contesting elections should calm down. I am happy belonging to the world of movies," he tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'