Dispute over who will perform Ziyarat for Zardari
Ajmer: A dispute over who would perform `Ziyarat` (prayer) for Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari and his delegation members here on Sunday at the shrine of the sufi saint Khwaja Moninuddin Chisti was resolved tonight with a decision that two Khadims (clerics) will do the job.
It required the intervention of Anjuman Committee, a representative body of Khadims (clerics), to end the dispute.
Syed Iqbal Kaptan Chishty, who claims to be the family khadim of late PM and Zardari`s slain wife Benazir Bhutto, and Saiyad Natiq Chishty, who had performed the Ziyarat when former president Pervez Musharraf and other political leaders had visited the shrine, have agreed to perform the same for Zardari jointly.
Earlier, both were claiming the right to conduct the prayer for Zardari but the issue was settled so that no dispute arises before Zardari.
Controversies often arise over the claim of right to offer prayer during the visits of high-profile persons film stars, politicians and head of states.
"Anjuman committee sorted out the matter today. Both Kaptan chisty and Natiq Chisty will perform Ziyarat for Zardari in the shrine tomorrow", Syed Wahid Hussain Chisty, Secretary of the Committee, told a news agency.
Khadims of the Dargah claim be descendants of the Sufi saint and they perform the prayers inside the shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt