Dispute over who will perform Ziyarat for Zardari
Ajmer: A dispute over who would perform `Ziyarat` (prayer) for Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari and his delegation members here on Sunday at the shrine of the sufi saint Khwaja Moninuddin Chisti was resolved tonight with a decision that two Khadims (clerics) will do the job.
It required the intervention of Anjuman Committee, a representative body of Khadims (clerics), to end the dispute.
Syed Iqbal Kaptan Chishty, who claims to be the family khadim of late PM and Zardari`s slain wife Benazir Bhutto, and Saiyad Natiq Chishty, who had performed the Ziyarat when former president Pervez Musharraf and other political leaders had visited the shrine, have agreed to perform the same for Zardari jointly.
Earlier, both were claiming the right to conduct the prayer for Zardari but the issue was settled so that no dispute arises before Zardari.
Controversies often arise over the claim of right to offer prayer during the visits of high-profile persons film stars, politicians and head of states.
"Anjuman committee sorted out the matter today. Both Kaptan chisty and Natiq Chisty will perform Ziyarat for Zardari in the shrine tomorrow", Syed Wahid Hussain Chisty, Secretary of the Committee, told a news agency.
Khadims of the Dargah claim be descendants of the Sufi saint and they perform the prayers inside the shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof