Disruptions continue in Parliament, Lok Sabha adjourned for the day
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Telangana statehood, plight of Tamil Nadu fishermen and other issues continued to rock Parliament on Friday.
While the Lok Sabha has now been adjourned for the day, the Rajya Sabha is slated to reconvene at 2:30 pm.
Earlier, as soon as Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha met for the day, members from Andhra Pradesh cutting across party lines began shouting slogans against creation of Telangana.
In the Lok Sabha, MPs from Andhra Pradesh trooped into the Well with posters saying `Jai Samaika Andhra` and `Save Andhra Pradesh`.
The government plans to bring the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill for carving out separate Telangana from the state but political parties are divided on the issue.
Members from AIADMK were also in the Well raising certain issues which was inaudible.
Akali Dal members were seen carrying placards protesting against 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
Samajwadi Party member Shailendra Kumar too was in the Well but he could not be heard in the din.
Speaker Meira Kumar then adjourned the House first till noon and then for the day.
In the Rajya Sabha, Chairman Hamid Ansari said disruptions in the House will from now be reflected in the record of proceedings.
"For several days now, we have been in a situation where we are being forced to witness deviations of decorum of House when members rush into the Well," he said. "I wish to inform the members that this will now be reflected precisely in the proceedings of the House."
Ansari said he had received notices from members on two issues - situation arising out of attack and death of a student from Northeast in Delhi and Tamil Nadu fishermen.
But BJP members led by Venkiah Naidu said they have already given a notice on discussing the killing of the NE student.
Ansari then asked them to give proper notice.
In the meanwhile, TDP members rushed into the Well carrying banners that read "Save Andhra Pradesh" to oppose creation of a separate Telangana state. DMK members too trooped into the Well with "Save Tamil Fishermen" banners.
Ansari asked members to go back to their seats.
But with members unrelenting, he adjourned the House first till noon and then till 2:30 pm.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested