Dissident JD(U) leaders criticise Nitish Kumar
Patna: Two dissident JD(U) leaders in
Bihar backed by RJD and LJP today said they will oust the
Nitish Kumar-led government accusing it of fooling the people
on the sharecroppers (Bataidari) issue.
"We will oust Nitish Kumar who is out to fool people
on the plank of development and `Bataidari` issue," Rajeev
Ranjan Singh alias Lallan Singh and a former MP Prabhunath
Singh said at a Kisan Mahapanchayat at Gandhi Maidan here.
They also promised to implement Bandyopadhyay
Commission report related to the rights of sharecroppers in
the state if they were voted to power.
The convention was convened by the dissident JD(U)
leaders and supported by top leaders of RJD and LJP.
However, Bihar JD(U) President Vijay Kumar Choudhary
termed the convention as a ploy to belittle Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar on the issue of sharecroppers.
"It is a dead issue and the recommendations of the
commission on `Bataidari` (sharecroppers) will not be
implemented," he said.
Nitish Kumar-led government`s stand would not change
under any circumstances even though JD(U) rebels and
opposition have been raking up the issue for political mileage
in the election year, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future