Dissident JD(U) leaders criticise Nitish Kumar
Patna: Two dissident JD(U) leaders in
Bihar backed by RJD and LJP today said they will oust the
Nitish Kumar-led government accusing it of fooling the people
on the sharecroppers (Bataidari) issue.
"We will oust Nitish Kumar who is out to fool people
on the plank of development and `Bataidari` issue," Rajeev
Ranjan Singh alias Lallan Singh and a former MP Prabhunath
Singh said at a Kisan Mahapanchayat at Gandhi Maidan here.
They also promised to implement Bandyopadhyay
Commission report related to the rights of sharecroppers in
the state if they were voted to power.
The convention was convened by the dissident JD(U)
leaders and supported by top leaders of RJD and LJP.
However, Bihar JD(U) President Vijay Kumar Choudhary
termed the convention as a ploy to belittle Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar on the issue of sharecroppers.
"It is a dead issue and the recommendations of the
commission on `Bataidari` (sharecroppers) will not be
implemented," he said.
Nitish Kumar-led government`s stand would not change
under any circumstances even though JD(U) rebels and
opposition have been raking up the issue for political mileage
in the election year, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site