`Distressed` Kanimozhi takes to meditation in jail
New Delhi: Denied bail in the 2G case, DMK MP
M K Kanimozhi, who is lodged in Tihar prison since May, is now
taking meditation lessons on the jail premises.
On November 3, the 43-year-old Rajya Sabha MP, who is the
daughter of DMK chief M Karunanidhi, had wept and hugged her
mother Rajathi Ammal minutes after special CBI court rejected
her bail plea in the 2G case.
According to jail officials, Kanimozhi "is doing sadhana,
engaging herself in introspection, spiritual empowerment and
dhyan" as part of the meditation lessons.
These lessons are being imparted by Divya Jyoti Jagrati
Sansthan, the biggest NGO within the Tihar Jail complex
engaged in rehabilitation and reformation programme inside the
"Kanimozhi has participated in one of the activities --
spiritual empowerment -- conducted for correction and
reformation of inmates inside the prison premises," a jail
The DMK lawmaker is lodged in Jail No 6 since May 20.
Some of the positive work done by the NGO towards inmates
involves spiritual empowerment for correction and reformation,
positive engagements in cricket and music, drug abuse
prevention and livelihood programmes.
Kanimozhi had moved the Delhi High Court after a special
court here denied her bail on November 3. The high court today
sought CBI`s response on her pleas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees