Diversion of agricultural land raised in Rajya Sabha
New Delhi: The issue of diversion of agricultural land for other purposes was raised in Rajya Sabha Monday, with a TDP member demanding steps to check the trend.
Through a Special Mention, YS Chowdary (TDP) said conversion of agricultural land for non-agricultural purposes should be brought under check.
In another Special Mention, Janardhan Waghmare (NCP) demanded setting up of a mechanism so that the wealth of ashrams and temples could be "properly" utilised for welfare measures.
Demands for making defamation laws more stringent was also made by Shantaram Naik (Cong), while Ambeth Rajan (BSP) sought cash benefits to malnourished women and children.
Ram Kripal Yadav (RJD) demanded inclusion of certain castes in Bihar in the SC/ST category. VJ Darda (Cong) wanted more emphasis on health, education and energy.
Some BJP members did not lay their special mentions on the table despite being asked to do so by EMS Natchiappan, who was in the Chair, and continued with their demand for discussion on FDI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!