Diversion of agricultural land raised in Rajya Sabha
New Delhi: The issue of diversion of agricultural land for other purposes was raised in Rajya Sabha Monday, with a TDP member demanding steps to check the trend.
Through a Special Mention, YS Chowdary (TDP) said conversion of agricultural land for non-agricultural purposes should be brought under check.
In another Special Mention, Janardhan Waghmare (NCP) demanded setting up of a mechanism so that the wealth of ashrams and temples could be "properly" utilised for welfare measures.
Demands for making defamation laws more stringent was also made by Shantaram Naik (Cong), while Ambeth Rajan (BSP) sought cash benefits to malnourished women and children.
Ram Kripal Yadav (RJD) demanded inclusion of certain castes in Bihar in the SC/ST category. VJ Darda (Cong) wanted more emphasis on health, education and energy.
Some BJP members did not lay their special mentions on the table despite being asked to do so by EMS Natchiappan, who was in the Chair, and continued with their demand for discussion on FDI.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India