Diversion of agricultural land raised in Rajya Sabha
New Delhi: The issue of diversion of agricultural land for other purposes was raised in Rajya Sabha Monday, with a TDP member demanding steps to check the trend.
Through a Special Mention, YS Chowdary (TDP) said conversion of agricultural land for non-agricultural purposes should be brought under check.
In another Special Mention, Janardhan Waghmare (NCP) demanded setting up of a mechanism so that the wealth of ashrams and temples could be "properly" utilised for welfare measures.
Demands for making defamation laws more stringent was also made by Shantaram Naik (Cong), while Ambeth Rajan (BSP) sought cash benefits to malnourished women and children.
Ram Kripal Yadav (RJD) demanded inclusion of certain castes in Bihar in the SC/ST category. VJ Darda (Cong) wanted more emphasis on health, education and energy.
Some BJP members did not lay their special mentions on the table despite being asked to do so by EMS Natchiappan, who was in the Chair, and continued with their demand for discussion on FDI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Bella Thorne comes out as bisexual via Twitter
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?
- Big boost for PM Modi! US voices concerns over human rights situation in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir
- Lodha panel secretary accused BCCI selectors of taking sexual favours, reveals Ajay Shirke